Dealing with emotional issues
- Reach Out! has fact sheets on dealing with loss and grief and coping with stressful events. If you're worried about your own behaviour, there are also articles on managing anger and violence.
- Depression affects around 1 in 4 young women and 1 in 6 young men. Beyond Blue has information about identifying depression and what can be done to help. Youth beyond blue (YBBlue) offers advice on what you can do if you're worried about a friend.
- Love: the good, the bad and the ugly is a guide to love, respect and abuse in relationships.
- Deliberate self harm is when you deliberately hurt yourself (by cutting, biting, scratching, etc.) as a way of coping with problems or as a form of 'relief'. Read Reach Out!'s fact sheets on deliberate self harm and how to help if you're worried about a friend who's self-harming.
- The Child Support Agency has released a guide for teens on family separation. This booklet aims to give you some tips to help you understand and deal with the changes going on around you. It contains practical advice on a range of issues, including how to cope with emotions, dealing with change, and adjusting to step-families.